Monday, March 22, 2010

This Is My Story, This Is My Song

Well, since my friend Amanda (www.amandafmoon.blogspot.com)decided to share her testimony, I thought I would straight up copy her and do the same.

I've been thinking about sharing my testimony at our weekly women's bible study for the past few weeks, but I always struggle with what to say. I think it's because I often times discredit my story because it's not a big "come to Jesus meeting" kind of story. None the less, I know that when other people share their testimonies that have similar stories as mine, it really means a lot, because I realize I'm in the same boat as they are, so here it goes.

From the time I was 2 weeks old, I have been in church. In fact, those 1st 2 weeks were possibly the only 2 weeks I had ever missed church until I was in college other than when we were on family vacations, and I have never been resentful or regretful of the life that my parents made for me. I always loved being there. I can remember as early as 3 years old singing the old Dottie Rambo song Germs, My Invisible Dog, in the Down By The Creekbank childrens choir musical and can remember the ugly looks I got from my mama when I wasn't acting right in the choir loft (although she denies them).

I was raised in Wylam Baptist Church, the same church my daddy went to growing up, until I was 10. We moved our letter to FBC Pleasant Grove that year, and in the same year I was baptized. I knew at the exact moment that I found myself shimmying out of the pew making the walk that felt like the Green Mile that I didn't have any business going up there. My cousin, Amy, had gone the week before and was getting baptized that night, and I knew that if I got baptized I would be able to take the Lord's supper, so that night, I was baptized. I knew that if I was to die I would go to Hell and it terrified me.

As I got into junior high, nothing really changed. I was still a good kid, and I was at church everytime the doors were open. At 14 I went on a Spring Break trip to the beach with my youth group, came home and found everything I could on how to be a Christian and accepted Christ as my Savior that day. I was baptized a few weeks later and my life was changed. As I got older, I stayed very involved in church, and felt the Lord calling me into full time ministry. I'm still not quite sure what He has in store for me in that area, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

I started my internship with the Rick and Bubba Show on March 7, 2000 and became a part time employee shortly thereafter. I was a huge fan of the show before I started and still love listening, but I hear the show differently now. The difference is in my relationship with the show. Before I knew who they were, but didn't know them. After working with them, I have a personal friendship with them and understand the things they talk about because I know them, I don't just know who they are. Isn't God the same way? I had known who God was my entire life, but I didn't know him until I had begun a relationship with Him. I read His word from a different perspective because I know Him. When He speaks to me I know His voice.

While I've lived a good life, I've made a lot of mistakes. I am a sinner. I in no way, shape, or form have lived a perfect life, but God has been good to me and has protected me from a lot of the mistakes I would have made on my own and thankfully, loves me despite the stupid decisions I make everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Blogs