Wednesday, March 24, 2010

2 blogs 1 week


This is my neice, Hannah. Clearly, I'm her favorite aunt, but I digress.

I know it's very unlike me to post 2 blogs in month much less within a few days of each other, but what can I say. I'm a giver.

I started having some cell phone trouble a couple of weeks ago. The charger wouldn't register so the battery was dead and I marched into Verizon to get it fixed. This is a pretty boring drawn out story that makes my head hurt so I'll keep this short and sweet. I finally got my Blackberry back. Now, much like a car, a phone has to know you love it. When I was on the Blackberry bandwagon I never had any trouble with it, but now, I've been talking about wanting an IPhone and just to be honest, my little Blackberry's gotten depressed. I've decided not to mention another word in the presence of my new phone about the Iphone just to keep the peace between me and my Curve. At least until my contract with Verizon runs out in January.

With all that being said, I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of replacement Blackberry. I've had to go back to my old phone which has not faired too well. After waiting a week (that seemed like a month) for the new Curve I spent an hour trying to get it activated this morning only to walk out the door and leave it at home. Typical.

So, anywho. I decided make the plunge and rejoin the choir at church. It shouldn't have been such a tough choice, but I really felt like the Lord's given me a tool, and I need to use it instead of being lazy. I've only been to 1 practice, since spring break was last week, so I'll be back tonight singing away.

In 2 weeks we'll have the last Easter service in the "South Campus" of GFBC. That's what they're calling the existing worship center. We should be in the new building in a couple of months. It's hard to believe that we'll finally be in it. We've been talking about the new building since I came to GFBC, so I'm really excited to see it happen! God's done such an incredible work in that church over the years and I'm thankful that the Lord brought me there.

There are so many exciting things to look forward to in the coming months so stay tuned! This Sunday, the Senior Adults are cooking potluck lunch for the College and Young Professionals and they're having a little entertainment for us so I can't wait! No telling what might go on!

Things to stay tuned for:
1. Strange things I see while working downtown
2. Summer concert series
3. Summer adventures/vacations

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Blogs