Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Week So Far

Well, since I started my blog last week, I feel like now is not the time to slack off so I'll begin by addressing my biggest concern from last week. American Idol. I got really nervous last week when Kris Allen was the first one called as safe, and for a second I thought Danny was going home but thank goodness, it was poor Allison who went home. My friend Hobie pointed out that she looks like a Muppet, and as I thought about it, she really looks more like a character from Fraggle Rock. Regardless of whether or not she looked like a creation of Jim Henson, I thought she had a pretty good voice, but wasn't really sad to see her go.

Now on to this week

Monday wasn't too bad. I had a great weekend that was (as always) jam packed, but I started off by coming in and my coworker asking if I wanted to go to the Kenny Chesney concert this Thursday. We actually got tickets, so I'll be sure to report on that next week. I was feeling pretty good, because the whole fam went to dinner at Logan's Roadhouse Monday night so my brother, Jordan and his wife, Kari could announce the sex of their baby that will be arriving in October. After dinner and a round of guesses they announced that Hannah Morgan will be here soon! The thoughts of little dresses, pageants, cheerleading, & softball almost excite me as much as the hope that she'll have her Aunt Karen's love for music...not to mention my stunning good looks. LOL! So yay for Hannah!

Now on a sad note:

I woke up yesterday morning to hear the news that my beloved New Kids on the Block cancelled their show in Birmingham. I, of course, was devastated. There are not many things I get that excited about, but after seeing them in October in Atlanta, the thoughts of them being here, in the salty 'Ham, just overwhelmed me, and I made certain we got tickets. We even bought them on presale. I found out we had not only gotten tickets, but that we were to be sitting on the 10th ROW!!!!! When I saw them on the Today Show Friday, I was ready. I saw a girl with a shirt on that said "Hey Jordan, I'm a Big Girl Now" and I just knew I had to get one of those. Thankfully, I didn't get one because, although Donnie and Jordan have been going on and on about how they're gonna give us Full Service (the name of the tour) on Twitter, my little heart was broken to find out that due to "unexpected production delays" they were pushing the tour back a week, and ended up having to cancel 5 shows-Birmingham included.
American Idol Recap
I know that Danny did pretty good on American Idol last night, but if he goes home tonight, it may be all I can take. Just kidding, you and I both know he'll still make a Christian album that is AMAZING just like Mandisa did and all will be right in my world again. I'm definitely still pro Danny to the finals, but can I just say that Kris Allen did a great job last night. Really brought his A game! I thought he did a PHENOMENAL job on "Apologize", though I may be partial since it's one of my favorite songs. I thought Adam didn't do very well last night at all. I didn't think he sounded that good on "One" and I couldn't understand what he was screaming about during "Cryin", which upset me because for once I got pretty excited about his song. I love Aerosmith's version of "Cryin" and I agree with him that Steven Tyler is "A-Mazing". I hope he goes home in an upset tonight. He'll be fine-he doesn't need the win. Look at Chris Daughtry who, coincidentally, cracked me up when he said last week on the show that after being voted off he got over it in about 30 seconds.
Well, that's all I've got for now, but there's sure to be more later.
Here's a list of things to look forward to next week:
1. Kenny Chesney Concert recap
2. The Bachelorette returns to ABC starring Jillian (aka Hot Dog Jillian)
3. American Idol recap (hopefully a happy one!)
Have a great week!
Who do you think will get the boot tonight?

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere. Careful, it's addictive.
    I totally agree, with your AI comments. I really hope that Adam goes home tonight. He's got a Broadway career ahead of him for sure. I hope he can go ahead and get started on it tonight. As for the other two. I think Kris has the best chance of making it as a recording artist.

    But really, I don't care alot either way. I'll be too busy watching the LOST season finale tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to need you to put some spaces in between your paragraphs... it's what all the professional bloggers do to help out with the ADD. Trust me, I would know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen .. let me begin with saying Thank You for your blog! I have been an avid follower of yours every night following AI. Also know that I grieve with you this week. I was so upset when Mickey Ferguson announced the cancellation on the news! What a way to wake up. But what can we do? This too, shall pass.

    ReplyDelete

My Favorite Blogs